AAHOA’s Certified Hotel Owners (CHO) program features a blended learning approach including videos, group discussions, case studies, personalized critical thinking and business ethics activities. The five-day programs offer nine (9) distinct modules that have been designed to assist hotel owners effectively operate their hotels today:
- Leadership: The leadership module integrates the tangible and intangible qualities of successful leaders. Leadership directly impacts Team-building and the Business Culture.
- Accounting: This module covers the essential financial documents, systems, controls and key indicators used to accurately measure performance and profitability.
- Marketing and Sales: Innovative marketing and strong sales can “make or break” a hotel. Effective use of Social Media and capitalizing on Search Engine Optimization are tools required to gain visibility and be successful.
- Front Office Operations: A first impression can leave a lasting memory. The front office of every hotel is the communication center and often the first and last point of contact for every guest.
- Human Resources: Employees are one of the most valuable assets of any successful business. This segment addresses the multi-dimensional responsibility that exists in today’s workforce.
- Major support areas: Every hotel has several major support departments that require ownership attention and care. This section provides an in-depth overview of what is needed to successfully and safely operate the major support departments.
- Technology: This segment examines emerging technology options at multiple levels for different types of hotels.Hotel Ownership: This new module is a Capstone segment, addressing the specific issues of importance to AAHOA members and hotel owners.
- Legal issues: This section addresses the continually changing laws affecting inn-keeping and reviews contracts, litigation and employment laws.
- An expanded pool of world class professors and instructors share their knowledge and expertise to help you and your staff save money, make money, and protect your investment.
***NO SHOW FEE: If you register but do not show up for the CHO class, or cancel your registration in the 10 days prior to the class, you will be charged a $50.00 no-show fee. If you are unable to attend, you may cancel your registration by logging into your member account, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling (404)816-5759.